Two Main Goals For Today

 I've got two main goals for today, I wanna test creation of an MDWxrd with and without parseable metadata. I do not need to get these tests Green today, but I do need to get these tests Red (in accordance with Red-Green TDD methodology).

I'm working to scratch a personal itch, so I have underlying motives. Most of my current project work is in markdown format with frontmatter for metadata, and I have really fallen in love with using Obsidian on my mobile device, so I want to eventually be able to upload existing notes and have them retain all their internal linkages and what not.

So, two test cases. One will be the not so imaginatively labeled "Some random test data without any metadata", and the second will look like this:

"

---

testMetaDataField: test metadata value

anotherTestMetaDataField: another test metadata value

---

Here is some text without any data in it, as if it was already parsed

"


---


Workflow sidebar: something I like to do with regards to jest spec files is to keep them in the same directory as the src files so I can open both the original source and the unit tests with a wildcard (on my chromebook I pick up where we left of yesterday by navigating to my project directory and typing "subl src/myriad/MDWxrd.*" to open both files with one line)


---

Comments

Popular Posts